Converting leads with content remains challenging as before. However, when you do it correctly, it brings reward for you. In comparison to conventional marketing, it costs at least 60% less and generates three times more leads for every dollar spent.
According to recent data, almost 90% organizations invest in creating content to generate leads. Surprisingly, almost 60% companies do not have in-house content marketing specialists. As a result, only 9% companies have admitted to have reaped any benefits from their content marketing strategy.
The huge difference between investment and result asserts that most businesses are yet to make the most out of their content marketing strategy.
In this post, we particularly discuss the matter of turning your content marketing into an effective mean of lead generation.
Use Video Content
Although people love to watch videos, they hate rigorous sales pitch. To be honest, no one really cares about your products or their features – no matter how authentic they are. What matters to them is what changes your product can bring to their business. Below are some rules that might come handy:
- Firstly, mark down your target audience, audience who will bring business for you. Now try to collect some viewership data from videos produced by your competitors. YouTube is the best place to get started with this “Research and Development” project.
- Identify the message delivered in similar videos. Go over them wisely and find out the things that your product or service already has or is missing. Focus on giving a single message throughout your script.
- Videos are the most effective tool to learn and get entertained. So a video has to be both educative and entertaining at the same time. However, it should not be a mere business talk and descriptive way of explaining your product. People are not likely to translate your business talk to find the takeaways.
- When making a video, try to speak from your heart. Keep it clean and simple. Remember, people like to be inspired.
- A 3-minute video is not your gateway to explaining everything about your product. Think from the client’s perspective and only include things that are too important to mention.
- The art of storytelling is not going anywhere. Try to use a personal tone while covering every key point with a call-to-action.
- In brief, try to describe how your product or service influenced others. Some behind the scene looks might make it more valuable. This will aware the client of your potency in delivering a solution.
- Don’t forget to mention some success stories. People feel convinced when they can relate to their own situation.
- Keep different channels of communication like email campaigns and social media on. Let your audience know that they may follow up through those channels in your video.
- Always use YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to share your videos. They will give you maximum coverage.
- Before producing any video establish a clear-cut goal to reach your clients.
Offer Bait for Fishing Leads
No matter whatever marketing strategy you use, none can match this one. People don’t hesitate to share their information when they get something in return. Cash back, gift, freebies, discounts, and limited trials are some ways to ask for their email address in order to get access to your brochure, whitepaper, or recent video.
However, be sure that it is not overwhelming for them. When sharing downloadable materials, always try to be selective. For example, advertorials work better than advert copies. When sharing business information, identify the appropriateness of the medium. A half minute long explainer video is suitable for Twitter or Facebook; but in case of a blog or website, it can be longer than that.
Create posts in such a way that they lead to the lead generation page while sharing them on different social media platforms. A custom message may be fruitful with a specific link. Use some relevant images to go with your post. This practice personalizes the content to a further extent.
A post scheduling tool for social media can be used as well. It will save you time and coordinate among the posts. Don’t forget to pin the most popular post on the top of your page. This will significantly enhance the exposure of your lead generation pages.
Add a ‘WOW’ Factor
I the online world there is no shortage of content marketers. So what makes your content different from others’? Unless you are able to represent your service or product in a unique way, no one cares about it. So, try to exceed your client’s expectation with delightful business ideas and respond to them meticulously.
Point down what adds advisory qualities to your brand value, and set a content strategy based on that. Always focus on a typical pain point, a cutting-edge solution, or a pressing topic. This will help shape your content like a thought leader who knows what people want from them.
Maintain a Chain Link with your Content Assets
Always maintain a customer-centric approach and principle theme while developing white papers, webinars, infographics, brochures, presentation slides, web content, e-books, and case studies. Make sure to do internal linking and cross-linking to tag them with each other. You can link an article for instance to a relevant infographic or video.
In the same way, a webinar can contain a link to a lead generation form. This will grow your online reputation by maximizing the visibility and reach of your content. The longer the chain is, the better it would be. A well-knit content mesh can funnel down leads more efficiently in a pull-based marketing strategy.
Apply Some Good-to-Go Strategies
When creating new content, narrow down your range of topics. The more specific you become, the larger will be the response rate.
Work on questions on the “bottom of funnel” topics. It significantly increases the rate of lead conversion.
Allot enough time for lead generation keywords. Identify the keywords with ample search value; also select the ones that you can rank for.
From a pool of high-value keywords develop reasonable key phrases. Use those key phrases and keywords carefully while producing content. This will help you rank up in major search engines, ensuring more traffics and leads.
Create and share content on a regular basis. Make them available to the right traffic through proper channels.
Give emphasis on conversion rate optimization – for both content and the channels where you want them to appear. Improvise on building a robust sales funnel. Convert all content marketing strategies into a sole unit. This will create a regular source of leads to the sales funnel.
Once you traced what’s working for you, you would follow through the same step. Regardless of what type of content you are generating, always keep in mind that it carries your brand reputation. So, constantly focus on customer-ready value proposition, solutions, and ideas; instead of exploring business-oriented ideas, only.
There is no lack of content on a given topic on the internet. Hence, whether your content will prevail or not relies exclusively on the power of retention and engagement score. Expert advice can help you generate the right content that leads to more conversion.